Needless to say, our last night at Sir Toby's was not nearly as pleasant as the first. We all spent more time in the bathroom than we did in bed, and while in bed we could not sleep between our fits of shivering cold and profuse sweating.* The next morning we got out of bed at 7:30, showered and repacked all out our clothes (no easy task when you have to roll it up, tie it with a rubber band, and then jam it into every nook and cranny if your backpack). It was only when we were checking out at 8:40 did we realize how incredibly late we were for the train. We took the tram to the metro and when we got to the train station it was 9:01 and realized the train actually left at 9:02. I hauled down the hallway until I saw a food stand and had to stop. There was no way I was getting on a 7 hour train ride without anything to eat. After what seemed like ages, the lady finally got my food in a bag and handed it to me. I slapped 200 Crowns ($13) on the counter, not knowing if it was enough or not and ran.
I made the train with seconds to spare and it turned out to food was awful and my stomach couldn't even fathom the idea of anything entering it. Fifteen hours later, after switching trains in Munich and Verona we were in Milan at Guy's aunt's house.
We were only planning on spending one night there, but decided we'd spend another night and recuperate for a day.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
Location:Milan Italy
No comments:
Post a Comment