Saturday, July 16, 2011

Farewells

After saying goodbye to my family for the last time and having a long time until my next bus, I figured I might as well update my journal.

The night in the hostel was possibly one of the worst nights of my life. The information office at the airport directed me to the wrong subway stop, and I wandered for about 45 minutes until I finally found the hostel. This would't have been that bad had I not been wearing sperrys, which have no arch support whatsoever. Add a 40 pound backpack and my feet, knees, and back were all in enormous pain. Oh and I was too intimidated to buy food from anywhere so I was starved. Despite my best efforts, the jetlag got the best of me and I fell asleep at 8 o'clock. I woke up at 4 in the morning to my roommates coming back and laid in bed for 4 hours, unsuccessfully trying to fall asleep.

I met up with the family that morning and the food and accommodations improved dramatically, although it took my body a few days to fully recover.

After saying goodbye to my family I hoped on a flight to Frankfurt and then to Split, Croatia where I thought there would be a ferry to Silba, where I am to meet up with Jose and Guy but there is none so I took a local bus to Trogir and after waiting 6 hours, finally managed to find a bus that will take me to Zadar, which I am currently on.

Hopefully by midday tomorrow I will be on a ferry to Silba.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Trujin, Croatia

No comments:

Post a Comment